dinsdag 18 oktober 2011

A small Abunai! 2011 report.

I know- I am horribly late. But I still like to write some about the event, because for me, cosplay-wise, a lot has happened.
Abunai! was helt from friday the 26th of august, till the 28th. Which was, for me, the weekend from the first week of my new schoolyear. They couldn't have planned it better. :B

It all started the schoolyear before! I'm not the only geek at my school. I know of at least two others in my year that are into cosplay as well and they've become pretty good friends of mine. One of the two participates in the Cosplay Competition pretty much every year and for this year, she was one or two people short. So she asked me. It was gonna be a Lucky Star act, and even though I've never seen the show, I said yes because it sounded like a whole lot of fun to me. She also asked me to help with the uniforms. We had to make six summer uniforms, and she wanted to make them all herself, so she was at least sure that they were all exactly the same.
This, I can tell you, was HORROR. The unspoken rule seems to be that you can't be a proper cosplayer if you aren't a horrible procastinator, and we, ofcourse, followed that rule. It is a sad thing that we don't have pics of this.
It was a good learning experience for me, though. One thing I learned, is that pleated skirts aren't as easy as they look and pleating and ironing them goes with a LOT of pins and needles.

Thanks to all the cosplay act work, I barely had time left to work on my own cosplays. I had planned to do the Masked Croissant and Shego for this event, but in the end I only had time left to finish Shego. About an hour before I had to go pack my stuff and by skipping two of my schooldays. Then again, I think more experienced cosplayers will now go "Deal with it." on me.
Then it was time to go! I traveled with two friends of mine, with which I also shared a hotel room. The luxury of a hotel room is unbelievable. <3
Friday was, for us, mostly orientationday. What was there to do, who were present, where was everything (the building was a maze, I tell you), etc, etc. And since I only has two cosplays- Shego and the Lucky Star one, I spent friday in my casual clothing. That day, I ran into the two most awesome cosplays I've seen on Dutch cosplay ground. Danbo (or Cardbo), a character from the manga Yotsuba&! and a Sesame Street monster of which I only know it's made of awesome and says a lot of "Yipyipyipyip!"! Ofcourse, I asked both of them if they wanted to take a picture with me. :B
If I come across something awesome, I can get totally overexcited- a little like a kid in a candystore. I like to believe it's one of my charms. But it's also the reason that I posed almost the same on both pictures. xD
Back in the hotel and after a good cup of tea with some delicious cake, we went to our room and I decided that I was gonna do what I still wanted to do for years- take a picture of yourself while brushing your teeth. Don't ask me why, I just always had that craving, somehow. Which resulted in the following picture:

From left to right: Sab, me and Liza

Then, after a good night's sleep, there was saturday. The day of the Cosplay compo. I had to be there around 10 with the six skirts I had made and bumped on a huge line at the door. I explained one of the gophers I had to be indoors early because I had to be there for the acts, but he told me, "Doesn't matter, just get in line.". The damn bastard didn't even check if I had a day- or weekendticket (the line was for people with a dayticket)! After about half an hour, it seemed the guy was just a complete douche and uninformed and I could get inside. After which we had to wait more than an hour before we could start rehearsing the acts. Ofcourse. At least gave us enough time to change. 
In the act, I had to fill in the role of Misao Kusakabe. I still hadn't had the time to watch the series, so I knew pretty much NOTHING about this character. But I got told, "You two are character-wise pretty much alike. Just be yourself. C: " And thus I did. 
One of the things that Abunai is well-known for are the technick fails with the Cosplay- and AMV contests. And this year wasn't anything different. Though despite that, the act went really good and was pretty amusing, according to the people we asked. The whole thing was recorded, but the vid isn't online yet. I'll put a link here when it is, ofcourse! What I CAN give you, is a pic of us on stage. (I'm all on the left- aren't you proud of me? =w= )
Here's a group pic, btw! 

On the left is our brilliant Gaga Pudding- we gave Lady Gaga a role in our huble little act as well!

I decided to spend the rest of the day in my cosplay, it already being around 3 PM and being too lazy to dress back into my casual clothes. Plus the cosplay was comfortable. I was pretty tired from all the act fuzz, which resulted in some pretty dull pictures, of which I'll share the most awesome with you: 

While my friends were waiting for me, they got me a bottle with juice to drink, because I was EXHAUSTED. I seemed pretty happy with it, and for some reason placed it on my head. (my wig made my head pretty flat on top) This had to go on picture, according to one of them, and thus I striked a pose. I am a really wise Misao. *nods* 
And thus came sunday. This was the day I'd walk around in my Shego cosplay. I already got in my cosplay at the hotel (the looks at breakfast from the other guests were priceless), but I'm still a bit of a makeup noob, so took my makeup gear with me and asked a dear friend of mine to do it for me, because I know of her that she likes to do that kind of stuff. She made me look really evil! <3 
I got recognised a LOT. My Misao cosplay wasn't all that recognisable- at least not without the rest of my Lucky Star cast. So I wasn't used to all that fuzz yet. It was really nice and funny to hear everyone whisper about you behind your back (in a positive way), and a (for me) surprisingly big amount of people wanted a pic of me. Only Sab was left that day to spend time with me, and I'm happy she thought of it as amusing, having to stop EVERY time because someone walked up to me for a picture! 
I think the most memorable non-shoot moment of that day was in the dealerroom, when a 1.90 meter long Red Scout came walking up to me asking me "Can I hug you? You were always my favourite character. <3 ". On which I gave him a hug, replying (in character) "Ohh, but baby, I'm everyone's favourite character~" 
A friend of my Kim is a pretty big Kigo (KimxShego) fan and she asked us for a small shoot. We were happy to participate. And thus, next, I shall share with you some of them pictures! Also including some other pics of me that were made that day, btw. 

I like this one- It's Kim, Lizz and me discussing some pose possibilities. I think it's one of the few pics of me from that day out of character. 
And then I walked into Superbig! I thought she rocked my socks, and she thought I was awesome, so ofcourse we had to go on picture together! 
Here's one from the shoot. There aren't many moments Shego is caught off-guard.  Go Kimmie, grab that chance!
And the pic that showed me the biggest flaw in my costume: my crotch. B)  I still  like it, though!
If you wanna see more pics, also from Abunai! itself, you can visit Lizz's site, or give her gallery a visit! 

So far my weekend report. I loved it. Spending time with friends again, new experiences, everything. <3 

And to close this post off, a pic of my most geekish part of my Abunai! dealerroom haul! 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...