woensdag 12 september 2012

Abunai report!

And thus it begins...

Abunai is already over for three weeks but I didn't want to start writing without having a bunch of pictures back from that saturday. Which I received in the mail last tuesday, hurraaayy! <3

We'll start on friday. I first started typing out all the things that went wrong, one by one. But after not even being halfway and already having typed a piece of text that mostly makes me go tl;dr, I decided I'm not going to torture you guys with that wall of text, so you're gonna get the short version.
  • Had to work that morning, till one
  • ... When my colleague decided to turn up way too late
  • So could only leave half past one
  • Finally home a little after two
  • Still had to finish styling a wig
  • And pack my bag! D:
  • Finally able to leave for Abunai around five
  • Arrive at Rotterdam Central Station on time! Whoo!
  • ... But UberDouche with tiny bag decides he has more right to sit on a four-seats-spot than I do, with my  huge suitcase and two extra bags
  • End up sitting in the noisy, cold part in front of the compartments
  • Train leaves ten minutes late because they can't find a second conductor
  • Extra five minutes delay on the way there, because of red signs and all that poop
  • About a kilometer before my endstation, rail switches decide to break down
  • Train decides to stop right on top of one, can't go on, can't go back
  • Extra half an hour delay in the middle of effin' nowhere, a kilometer away from my final destination
  • Cancel all my cosplay plans for that day, because I REALLY don't have the energy for that anymore...
  • I weep.
Thank god, it seemed all pretty okay from there on. Sabrina, conroomie and awesome friend 1 picked me up to drive me to congrounds, together with Liza, conroomie and awesome friend 2. And on our way back, we had amazing dinner at the McDonalds (for a lack of better and we wanted a quick snack because by now, it was already a quarter past seven). But I'm not saying "seemed" for nothing! Because...
  • Finally arrived on congrounds, need something from suitcase, find out I forgot the code from the lock
Suckiest. Moment. EVER.
  • Convention is held in a hotel. Decide if there's a place to break open a suitcase, it's a hotel
  • Go to information desk, explain the problem
  • Guy with screwdriver breaks open suitcase
  • THANK HEAVENS.
By the time I was finally free to walk around on my own, it was half past eight and I was stressed beyond belief. Thankfully, I have the greatest and most awesome friends and they let me rant about my sucky day so much that in the end, I almost couldn't hear my own story anymore. I pulled on my Avengers shirt (to walk around in at least something witty) and it rocked socks. Lookit! We got them from Obscurity, a tiny webshop that's about as obscure as the name sounds. But their service is great. Left is Sabrina, btw, right is me. All casual.
We spent the rest of the evening hanging out, meeting friends and having a long and pretty rudiculous chat with a guy I met the convention before. It was brilliant.


Then saturday came by.

I walked around as Sha Gojyo that day, from the (manga/anime) series Saiyuki by Kazuya Minekura. The awesome Lid'l was my Cho Hakkai and the before-mentioned Liza made us pictures. It was awesome and I'll write a separate blogpost about this. Because Kazuya Minekura is my manga heroine. So we move on to...


Sunday!

Sunday was... Special. In a good way, I guess! Mitzuki and a few others had organised an Adventure Time cosplay group for friday. I didn't attend in the end (as you probably have read) and my sunday was still free, so... We just move the plans forward two days! That's how I roll.
She's going to the same school as me, so a few months before the event we started talking about her planning this. I had just finished watching a big part of the series and told her that it sounded absolutely awesome and I wanted to join, if possible. She said they were only still missing a few major characters, of which one was Lumpy Space Princess. And I inmediately jumped on it.
Thus I ended up cosplaying LSP!
If you don't know who she is... I'll add you a picture:
At this moment, I did not yet realise my everlasting feel of how to pick the most elegant, charming and female characters. This only came somewhere halfway creating this costume when there was no way back anymore... I finished this costume in about a week and a half, including wig. The wig was absolute terror!
Anyway- sunday. I wanted to attend some event around 9 in the morning, though even when we got up at 7, we spent at least an hour and a half on making my arms and face purple! It was AMAZING how many people recognised me though and how many people I got interested, because "If a character looks that mad, I REALLY wanna know what series that is from!". I had such a good time, walking around all purple! It was kinda challenging as well though, since I did risk making things purple when I touched it..
LSP still needs a decent shoot, so I won't go into too much detail about her here. I'll tell you more about the costume when I finally have more decent pictures of her! Until then, you'd have to do with one Kees made of me:
IT WAS MARVELLOUS.
The sunday is always a bit of a short day. It already ends at four... Which maybe was a good thing with this costume, but it also meant a lot of people would pack their stuff early already and leave early too.
We left somewhere half past three ourselves. I stayed over at Sabrina's for that evening because I didn't feel like traveling home still. In that costume. So I drove home with her. Making her car purple too. I'm so, so sorry girl! xD <3

Somehow, the evening-after is always the best, especially when spent at a friends' place. You can chill out, take it easy and do completely nothing. She knows where you've been (together) so she doesn't mind you still walking around in (half) your cosplay. Talk about the weekend, talk about the stuff you bought (I bought a bunch of manga. Whoo! Maybe do a blogpost about this as well once), the people you met, the things you've seen... All without stress and without inmediately having to unpack your suitcase.
All my love for her parents as well, who are totally ok with me just crashing by and eating along with them- while being purple still xD Ohh, and them being ok that I purple-ized their shower! I hope I didn't splatter the purple around too much! Sab, your parents are amazing. <3


Thus Abunai ended! It started kinda sucky but it ended wonderfully. I had one of the best weekends; seeing old friends again, having the silliest conversations (I had an AMAZING talk with Marcia of Pink Hazard about penises!), seeing other great cosplays and cosplayers, spending all the money I didn't have, meeting new people- my weekend was amazing!

Now, on with more costumes! 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...