woensdag 19 september 2012

Gojyo's infinitive sexy

And thus a report about Abunai's saturday!

From my last post, you  know I cosplayed Gojyo that day. And if you've looked at my cosplay history page, you've already seen a picture of the result. But if not- lo and behold, you will be treated to pictures here! So stay around, stay around! 


Our alarm went off at eight in the morning, that day. I'm pretty damn sure there are cosplayers that've woken up earlier to prepare for the day but for us, this was already really hard. I forced myself out of bed and started preparing- slam some cold water in my face, wipe off the remains of friday's remaining (casual) makeup, some more cold water. Return to room. Turn suitcase upside-down for stuff. Sleepwalk-mode was running like there was no tomorrow. 
Around this time, though, I ran into obstacle #1. My bindshirt. Gojyo's blouse is pretty low-cut so if I would wear my other binder, you could see it in my neck and below my arms. So I had to get me a strapless one- since I prefer binders over DIY binding with sporsbra's and all that. Problem: binder had a lingerie closure (with little loops and hooks) on the back and I couldn't put it on all by myself for my life. Good thing both roomies are girls and close friends- so pijamas off, boobs in place, binder on top and Sabrina pressing all air out of my lungs by closing the binder. By now, we were fully awake and giggling like mad. 
Put on the remaining clothes. Now makeup. 
Gojyo has two scars running over his left cheek- but they aren't big, they're quite subtle. So instead of making fake ones ón my skin, I decided I wanted them more ín my skin. I saw it with someone before and they told me it's a special kind of latex (that smells really badly), "Rigid Collodion". I tried it out on my hand- the stuff's pretty awesome. The jar looks a little like see-through nailpolish but if you apply it on your skin, it dries and pulls together a little, making a small kind of "slot". Is that the word? Ofcourse you'd need some makeup to cover the shiny up, but I love the stuff. 
My makeup had to be somewhat manly- so simple, but I had to make my nose, jaw and cheekbones look darker. I got the tip to apply skinpowder there that'd be a teint darker than the rest of my face. It was barely noticeable, but it seems it worked. 
Makeup done and my wig had to go on! I made the antenna bangs that friday (if I have to make them again, I'll make you a tutorial!) but the headband still wasn't on... So I had to apply that one on-the-spot! It was still way too long, so I cut a whole lot of it off right there and just pinned it below my hair. It actually worked, I was surprised! 

Arriving on the con, Lidy had dressed up as my Cho Hakkai. I didn't get recognised a lot- only five people started talking about it to me, of which only one really made a picture. I was slightly disappointed- I know the series is really old and not all that popular but geez, really? I was sad. 
But every downside has a good side: Liza brought a camera. And she knows how to rock that thing! So she agreed to go out and make some pictures with us. 
Abunai's location is partly surrounded by a forest- so lots of outside, trees, grass, park benches, that jazz. Which was good enough for us, since most of Saiyuki plays in waistland anyway. Okay, trees aren't waistland, but hay, it's outside still! I'm not complaining! 
Liza just let us go mad and kept shooting pictures, sometimes suggesting things. It worked because the pictures came out really, REALLY awesome! I'm so, SO happy with them! They don't completely portray the costume itself- but it isn't only about the cosplay, it's also about being able to portray the character right. Right? At least I think so.


Gojyo smokes. Like a madman. But I don't. Liza sometimes does, however. So I got one of her cigarettes. We lighted it and then after letting it burn a bit, killed it with some water. Carefully. So it would still have that "smoked" effect. It was super effective! *badum-tsss*
Be ready for some picture spam!



BLOG LAYOUT WONT LET ME POST PICTURES NEXT TO EACHOTHERRRR. 
This is what happens when your photographer keeps shooting pictures. We were long done posing here and just randomly chatting about the rudiculously of our characters. And this happened. Somehow, this picture really describes the bond Hakkai and Gojyo have, to me. They're really good friends and most comfortable around one another. They both aren't sweeties and have their own, sad pasts, but that doesn't matter as long as they have eachother. Hakkai is really silent and conservative around others but knows how to smile with Gojyo. And Gojyo is a pretty rude, loud ass with Goku and Sanzo, but Hakkai's presence calms him. 
AAHHH I love these guys so much! 



Have some of the less subtle Gojyo. BOOBS,  DUDE. THIS BIG. I SHIT YOU NOT. 



This could've just been a scene out of one of Kazuya Minekura's artbooks. The manga are pretty awesome, but boy, if you can, look into one of her artbooks! She published eleven by now (no, seriously!) and they're beautiful, every one of them. It has a lot of Saiyuki-related art, in its original setting, but she also draws the characters in completely different settings or completely different moments. Just because it's pretty. One day, I'd like to do a Minekura Artbook Shoot. 



... No words. 
This- kinda... I dunno, man! xD It had something to do with Gojyo not being able to touch any boobs that day, so he had to fall back on Hakkai? But this picture. It's brilliant. I love it so much. AAAAHHH. Spread it all over the internet! 
And onto the last one... 



SO THERE. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...